Friday, February 17, 2012

Week Gone By

Whoooosh!  This week flewwww by.  Maybe because it was jam packed. 

This week I had my coumadin check- and that is back where it needs to be.  "Theraputic level" that would be called.  I loathe the medical knowledge and terms I am learning.  Don't get me wrong the human body is A-mazing what God created and the people (doctors/nurses/techs) that realllly have the knowledge.....rocks my world.  I just want to be a mom and wife...and friend, daughter, aunt and have life just keep moving on.  Uneventfully that is. 

I am reading a book "One Thousand Gifts".  It's a good read.  HOWEVER.....I haaaaaaate reading (yes, I was a teacher).  Ack.  Wish that weren't true, but I hate reading.  I am trying.  I read a few pages....a few times and then put it down and start all over again a few days later.  I just don't enjoy it.  BUT I am growing so much during this stupid lymphoma journey (stupid lymphoma is what I refer to "it" as).  My friend (not really- she doesn't know me at all), Beth Moore is also a good read.  I can fly through her stuff though.  And then talking with my friend Becky (whom I met at a very sad time of my life and who gave me this book and it CHANGED HER LIFE) about what she got from it....good stuff.  I could spend hours with Becky.  I love that girl.  She oooooozes Holy Spirit!

Thursday was my repeat PET scan.  BUUUUUT before that took place my Lydia girl was up throwing up the night before.  Grrreat.  Poor baby girl.  She hates "spitting"- hates it.  I mean no one enjoys it but she haaates it.  She needs to rinse and spit immediately and wants to take a bath...and wants her hair in a bun.  Well, the night/morning could have been a complete disaster and franctic calls for coverage BUT my sweet friend, Becky was here.  This was way more than she bargained for (word of caution- if you come help me- it's always more than planned/expecting)- she was stripping bed and lysol/clorexing anything Lydia looked at in a matter of seconds.  She then woke up before the sun with us to hang out with Lydia and spent day taking care of Lila.  It was a blessing- an absolute blessing.

I got to enjoy a lovely breakfast out with my friend, Mary, after PET scan.  THAT was delightful!

Today Becky helped me clean up and catch up with laundry.  We laughed a lot.  Talked a lot.  ANND we look forward to another get-together before another 4 years go by that involves sunshine, sand, and some wine!

I am glad it's Friday and I am looking forward to a no school day on Monday.

Tomorrow my Lila Joy will be 4.  THAT is crazy.  4.  ANNNND in the AM I am walking a 5K with two dear Momma friends from girls' school.  My goal is to finish.....and not be last.  : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5K! You rock it Momma!!