Wednesday, February 8, 2012

There Will Be Bumps Along The Way

I have said and felt this whole "thing" is just a bump in the road. However when there are bumps along this bump I fall apart. Not good.

Friday the nurse was not able to get blood return from port. She tried and tried. It would flush and she reminded me that was good and sometimes this happens. That's all well and fine but I don't want it to happen to ME. I was loaded up with heparin and some other med to "clean out" port and told to come today to try again.

God bless all my friends, but Debbie once again above and beyond and more than she has signed up for made today possible. Debbie took Lila to speech/OT and I ran to hospital. Well no blood return so another med to be given and it would take an hour. Text Debbie and without hesitation....she has Lila.

My Coumadin level is fine now and praise the Lord and hour and :10 later....blood return from my port. My PET scan is scheduled for 2/16....and my friend Becky will be here!! Haven't seen that face in 4 years!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you hug QT for me? Tell her to hug you for me too...? This is just tearing me up. I am so glad you have such wonderful friends in the 48! This stinking friend is just to far away, and it is not making her happy!!

Praying for that PET. I won't tell Doc about it, or he will be all over me about the study. He is a pain that way, I tell ya!

Debbie Hall said...

If you asked me to cook ... then it would be more than I signed up for ... I would do it ... but we would have to come up with a major pay back. Besides that, way before this you always said you would feed me jello in the nursing home, remember ?