Friday, February 24, 2012

Lymphoma WHO???

REMISSION!  It's gone.  It's all, excuse me, freaking gone!!!  By HIS stripes I am healed!  Claiming it and believing it!!

I am so overwhelmed- I can't get the words out that I want to share.  Kind of still processing and maybe a little bit of trying to wrap my mind over this.  How amazing is our Healer! 

My PET scan showed "no activity".  The tumor in my chest is still there- eww- but the cancer cells have been destroyed.  Doc used the analogy of a honey comb...honey is sucked out, but the comb is still there.  EVENTUALLY my body will absorb that, but it's a big sucker.

Doc showed PET from December and last week- you can see the difference.  I have some inflammation where the biopsy was done, but that should clear itself up as my healing continues.  I can tell the difference myself.  I was worried about that "lump" and had myself convinced that it was more lymphoma.....probably what I will do for the rest of my life...which is really annoying.

I will need to do 2 more rounds of chemo though.  JUUUUUST to make sure.  I am ok with that.  I will have another PET in April after the last round and from there the plan of what comes next happens.  My doc is very much a step at a time guy and didn't give me any idea of monitoring afterward...like every 3 months or 6 months PET??  He did talk about radiation consult again, but he said if the next PET looks like this one he would agree with no radiation neccessary. 

So.  How about that news?  On a Friday nonetheless....a week before my birthday!  It's a brand new year.

My friend, Stephanie, dropped by with the girls after school so I could tell them.  Lina smiled and hugged.  Lydia lifted my hat to see if my hair grew back and asked if my port was out.  LOLOL!  Oh honey.  I told them 2 more medicine rounds to do yet, but (interupts Lyd, 5 years old mind you) "the lymphoma is gone".  Yes, sweet girl...lymphoma who??!?!?!!?  Jesus heard our prayers.  BY HIS STRIPES I AM HEALED!!

10 comments:

mlpoole said...

PRAISE !!!! PRAISE !!!! PRAISE!!!!LOVE YOU BLACKWOOD PEOPLE AND COUNT ON A HAPPY DANCE THIS WEEKEND ; ) SOOOOOOOO FLIPPING EXCITED WITH YOUR WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU JESUS FOR HEALING MY PRECIOUS FRIEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn Geraghty said...

I am so happy for you Jenn! I can call you Jenn right?! You made me tear up when you mentioned what your girls said and did. I can't imagine the feeling of relief you must have. I have been praying for you! Thank God!! Glad you and your family were blessed with such great news!

Jenn Geraghty

Jenn said...

Why yes I would LOVE for you to call me Jenn ; ) XOXO

mommy of 2 said...

That is so FREAKING AWESOME!! Praise God!! Waa-hoo!! Smiles & continued prayers of healing & praise!
Kerri

Anonymous said...

Tears of Joy sister!! Tears of Joy!! Praise Jesus!!!!!!!

You are amazing! I am blessed to know you!

HP-Kate

Anonymous said...

This is the best news I have heard in a very long time!!!! Praise God for he is good !!!!

Tears of joy for you!!

Michelle G from HP

Anonymous said...

Amazing news Jen! Aaah ...the power of prayer! Can't wait to see you in April!
xo Christine Porte Kress

Dawn Giddens said...

That is the most wonderful news! Praise God!!

Eileen Regan said...

This is some awesome news!!!!!!!!

I am very excited for you, and what a relief it must be to your girls. I love watching God work his miracles.

Eileen Regan

Kimberly said...

LOVE this news! Praise God!!!