Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chemo and Being A Mom

My Lyddie Girl....those of you who know her know that she's my "spicey one"- a description her godmother gave her. Lyd has no filter- if it's on her mind out of her mouth it comes. She's not rude or defiant just just spicey.

She's softening though. Lyd's always been a momma's girl. Always. And this chemo thing is heavy on her mind. She woke up again early this am to find me on the couch to snuggle. Lyd wants this done and that port out of my chest. Me, too.

When chemo week comes it involves many great friends that pitch in. Seriously I have some wonderful friends near and far. Debbie arrived at 7:15 this morning and got breakfast rolling. Lila's eyes weren't even open and she started talking, "Debbie's here" and proceeded to talk and talk to Debbie. Girls get dressed and wait for a mom friend, Ann, to pick up and head to school. Once at school girls are in great loving hands of teachers and administrators. After school today another mom friend, Tara, will take girls to her house for homework and snack. It all gets worked out. It takes a week for me to plan it all out but these ladies are always right here. And Stephanie will do Thursday and Friday after school. Then there is the weekend where the girls have fun with friends waiting. It does my momma heart good to not worry about them and helps my positive attitude. I can rest and not worry one second. I love that and am so grateful.

Caught up with laundry yesterday with a friend and working on purging toys.

Life as normal in spurts. And I get by with God by my side and friends!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

firends are such a priceless blessing. MAN, I wish I was there to cook for you. You know I would!