Friday, February 3, 2012

To Continue with Being A Mom and Chemo Week

Thursdays are the heavy duty, I shall call them what they are, poison days. Something about a bag of red medicine called "red devil" being pumped in my veins really disturbs me. I don't usually feel well after treatment and yesterday was no exception. Far less emotional than last round though. Well, except for steroid side effects. Yikes. Laugh, cry, rip your head off. You don't know which Jenn you will get in the next 7-10 days. Be warned!!

I returned home after lunch stop with Bob to a nice clean house. Debbie was busy. She is working so hard. And blesses me with her special touches....like new jammies folded on my bed waiting for me in my made bed with a bottle of water waiting for me. It lifts my spirits. She lifts my spirits.

I go at 10am this morning for fluid flush and booster shot and Mary is taking me. A good friend of Bob's dad is having a big heart procedure at the hospital next door that he would like to be in the waiting room for. That makes my heart happy and Robert would have done the same thing. This treatment is quick but makes my joints NOT happy. But there is medicine for that and I will just chill on the couch.

But the morning has started early with cries of "I don't feel well" from my Lina girl. She is now resting in my bed with a wash cloth on her forehead after a dose of Tylenol and 102 temp. I am on the couch. Bob will need to run her to pediatrician this morning. My guess is sinus infection. Maybe ear. Lina is an allergy girl and her boogies come and go but she sounds real congested real quick this time. Poor thing. AND she is going to be SOOOO mad to miss pajama day in 3rd grade AND a playdate after school. : (

1 comment:

Kelly said...

How are you feeling today? Red Devil, huh? As long as it keeps melting that yuck, I'm all for it. Hurray for half way!