Saturday, February 18, 2012

4 Years and 16:32

Happy Birthday to Lila Joy!

4 years ago....it was Monday- President's Day- Bob was home from work and took the big girls to the park.  I went and enjoyed a lovely pedicure and a nap.  I woke up and ate....pretty much a box of PB Patties and went into labor about an hour later.  THEN had to wait for c-section because I had eaten.  : )  Timing.  Lila arrived a little less than 3 weeks early at 9 something in the evening (I for the life of me cannot remember the time right now).  Lila was a blessing...a miracle....and great big (not THAT big) surprise and I am so blessed to call her my Little Bit, LiLi, Lila Bean.....my baby girl.



Today we celebrated our little Lila Joy with her best buddy from church/school and her family, Gramma, Murry and Grace, and her godparents.  Verrrrry low key.  Very enjoyable.  Little Bit has come a long way especially this past year.  I am so grateful for the therapists that have been placed in our life.  Lila's speech and language development is coming along.  Still working on the social part- but Lila is getting there.  This sweet little friend of hers is so dear.  Lila does not reciprocate the affection, but she definitely interacts a whole lot more than a year ago.  We still don't have an "official diagnosis" and maybe there is NO diagnosis, but for now we continue with therapy (speech and OT) and pray for Lila's development.  And come March we will have a Behavioral Therapist....come to the house to do some "coaching" for me!  Potty training is a reeeeal issue right now.



Sisters with birthday present opening experience were very helpful!

I made Lila's cake and icing....I blame (and thank) Rennie Shultz for teaching me how to make delicious icing and am grateful for Leslie for sharing that extra confectioner sugar I needed!!  Lame decorating, but M&Ms are Li's favorite!  And we sang not once or twice to Lila....but three times.  Candles included.  She loved all the birthday celebration bits this year.  So sweet!

Sweet KK playing Play Doh with Lila.


BUUUUT before celebrating Lila's b-day- myself and two dear Momma friends from Lina's class "ran" a 5K.  This is a neat race.....it starts down the block from our house in front of the girls' school and goes through the neighborhood.  So fun.  We did it for the first time last year.....and have now claimed it an "annual event".  The gals met in my driveway at 7:15 and we walked down the block (you know for warm up : ) for the 7:30 start.  We planned on walking and walking we did....with goals in mind- no one in jeans passes us and if someone is older than us or in jeans in front of us we pick up the pace.

Bob was bringing the girls up to watch us cross the finish line. 

We were doing well, chit chatting, and keeping a "decent" pace (I mean, I DO have lymphoma- at the moment).  The last stretch I decided to pick it up and see what the ol' legs and heart could do.....and maybe to show my girls how strong I am......I crossed the finish line and found them about 2 minutes later.  LOL.  Oh.  Well.  They celebrated with me and enjoyed the "free" fruit and smoothies with us.

About an hour later I received an email with my official time and pace.  16:32 mile.  Now.  THAT is a horrible time, BUT I did it.  I finished it and that's not too shabby of a time for gal that doesn't walk more than a mile a day now.  However, once I bounce back from this chemo round...I will be walking more because clearly....my body is strong and I praise God for that and for friends walking alongside me!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday beautiful!!

Go Momma, that walk sounds like a lot of fun.