Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Rough Weekend

I am not a fan of the first few days after chemo. I feel like....crap and worry about every ache and pain. Annoying. Oh. And I am a little irritable. : )

My port didn't behave yesterday for blood draw. Annoying. They could flush it though so I got my meds. They pumped some meds in there and I go Wednesday for them to try again. I also need to get Coumadin checked because that is out of whack after being on antibiotics for a week.

My knees and jaw really hurt after that booster shot. This round seems to be my neck in the back- white blood cells working overtime there in the spine, I suppose. My throat hurts today. Man, I am whiney today!!

Lina slept for 12 hours last night. Poor thing. Hasn't been feeling well for awhile. Lydia is fine. Lila is a joy! They just left for a fun day with Gaye and Christina....movies, chick fil a, and Hobby Lobby. They will have a great time.

My PET scan will be the week of the 13th. My friend, Becky is going to come spend two nights that week also. I am so excited. She is good for a laugh and prayer. I can't wait.

My 4th chemo round is Wednesday 2/22- Friday 2/24!

And I am ok. No worrying.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Be irratable and whiney all you want. You have earned the right...for a little while anyway. I promise we'll tell you when it's time to buck up and be a good soldier :). Praying everyone wakes up tomorrow feeling happy, refreshed and healthy. And yea that Becky in on the way soon. We are making a quick trip to Pensacola over presidents day weekend. Stupid Florida is just too big.

the word verification is luteran...they left out the H.