Monday, February 1, 2010

First Field Trip Fun with Lydia

Aw.  Little Lyd had her first field trip today.  They went to the brand spankin' new fire station in downtown Orlando.  Wowie wow wow.  Swanky!  ; )

Mother of the year that I am....forgot my camera.  Truth be told though.  I was soooo looking forward to the hour and a half to myself to run some much needed errands.  There were enough cameras though and a nice mom emailed me some tonight.

This is Lydia's class.  Check out the little guy with his fireman jacket on!  Isn't that adorable.  He is a sweet little guy.  See Lydia?

Fire stations.  Why is it that 3 year olds need to go there??  It's very interesting as a mom to see the firemen, I mean the fire station ; ), and how it all works but by the end there were 6 kids in tears....Lydia being one of them. She was fine until the guy put his gear on.  Then she was done.  Then "let's hear the siren/bell ring and see the fireman slide down the pole (ok, this was WAY cool)" and most of the kids had enough.  They did get to spray the hose.  Oh no, not Lydia though.  She might get wet.  Monkey.  We were a block away from school and it started to rain.  THAT was fun ; )  Good trip though.

I went to the Y this afternoon. It's been uh um er since September.  I couldn't find my membership card, but they scanned me in at the door.  The girls did great in the child watch- there goes that excuse now!  Actually it was a sigh of relief and I did :30 on the treadmill.  I did find my membership card.  IN THE BOTTOM OF THE BASKET IN THE CHILD WATCH ROOM.  How embarassing.  : )  Hoping to get there 3x this week.  Not tomorrow AM though....I'll be sewing!  Got lots of projects going on...nothing completed other than 3 tutus..

No comments: