Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ACK. Sick Again

Lydia hasn't been herself for a few days now.  Icky nose, bad cough, waking more than usual.  I have given it about 5 days.  No fever so I hate to run into the doc.  Lila has icky nose also.  AGAIN.   I called and got....a 3:00 apt.  You know 15 minutes after I am to pick up Lina.  Luckily Bob had a slow day so he came home and helped out.

Well.  Lydia has both ears infected and doc heard some "wheezing".  So they gave her a breathing treatment in the office.  THAT was a lot fun.  I literally had to "man-handle" that girl.  She honestly screamed like I was pulling her fingernails off.  Poor Lila started crying and the really nice guy nurse picked her up.  She finally settled and Lyd, after screaming "DO NOT DARE turn that smokey machine on", she did the treatment.  I was sweating.  Doc mentioned some possible side effects with that albuterol....and we were out the door.  Do need to go back on Friday for a re-check though on the wheezing.

Side effect, you ask?  May be hyper.  WELL, Lydia Jean was bouncing off the walls.  I did not give her a treatment before bed and she didn't shut off until 9:30.  YIKES.  Not looking forward to tomorrow or the next.  Poor girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate this time of year. We are in for another sicky round here as well...!