Saturday, February 6, 2010

OH Lydia. The Things You Say.

I need to just start this post and add to it as my girl makes us chuckle.

First, no day is complete without one of these looks.  Something wasn't "fair" or Lina "did" something to her.

Lydia has a new phrase- "some people call it (insert the word that LYDIA would like it to be called)".  Examples:
  • Over Christmas break our beloved Ramiz family friends took the girls (ALL 3) for the day.  They were doing some preparing for an African themed New Year's Eve party coming up.  They had some musical instruments out and Martin held the "jambe" (I think) which is an African drum.  Lydia looked at him and said, "well some people call it a drum".
  • I drew some hearts on paper last week and hung them on our easel for Lyd to paint.  Thought I would show Lydia how to make different colors.  She was a little interested.  So I go for pink.  Make some pink paint and bring that outside to the easel and told her to use the pink to paint the hearts.  Lydia looks at me and says "some people use red".
  • Today.  I was doing some repair work on the "Princerella blanket" (she no longer calls the "girls" Princerella, but the blanket will always be princerella to me).  The binding is coming off and I thought "hey- I can use my sewing machine" and show Lydia how I am doing this and maybe have her press the "gas".  She was only interested in watching (and Lina can't even watch- she is afraid that needle is going to stick my finger!!)  So Lyd is watching and telling me that the "feathers" are so soft and it is so pretty, etc.  Again commenting about the "feathers".  I agree that the blanket is so soft and pretty, etc and that the fleece ("feathers") is pink.  Lydia's response after a few minutes of silence, "well, some people call it feathers".
No sweet girl- YOU call it ______________________ and it's one reason you make me smile and love you so much!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my friend...did someone get her momma's sense of humor? ;) That made me laugh. I love it.