Sunday, February 21, 2010

SURRRR-PRISE!

Today we had Lila's Tutu 2 Party.  Nothing fancy.  Blackwood family, Ramiz family, and our sweet former neighbors came over for some cupcakes, fruit, and ice cream.  Maybe an adult beverage or two also.  My parents called around 2:45 to say hello and ask how things were going.  Feeling badly for them for missing times like this I talked cheerfully.....up to my elbows in (delicious) cream cheese frosting I was finishing up.  We wrapped that conversation up and we headed outside to get some tutu pictures before everyone arrived.


Our party people arrived and then it was time to sing Happy Birthday 2 YOU!

Strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and funfetti cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting. Um.  YUM!!  I love homemade frosting now. 

So all is going as planned.  Again not a fancy gathering.  I bring Lina's plate outside to her (it was a BEAUTIFUL day) when out of the corner of my eye I see my DAD.  MY dad.  With a bag of playground sand (we are getting sand for a new sand box) and he says he heard we needed sand.  MY DAD.  However not only my dad.  Bob comes around the corner with MY POP.  MY DAD AND MY POP flew in from NY this afternoon to surprise us.  Surprised I was.  I haven't been this surprised since my bridal shower in NY the day after Christmas......and finding out I was pregnant.  This ranked right up there with knocking my socks off.  SO cool.  The funny thing is- I am the surprisER not the one to BE surprised.  : )  I fly to NY and WI to surprise people.  So cool.  SO blessed.


They are here till Wednesday.  Quick visit.  We'll probably go play on Tuesday out at Orange Lake.  Yeah!




1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's awesome! Happy Birthday sweet Lila! Enjoy your visit, Jenn!