Friday, February 5, 2010

And So Ends the Week

Girls are snuggled up watching Tweety and Sylvester.  Bob has this sudden desire to share the "classics" with them..  They LOVE them.  Total girl giggle.  Sweet Lila says "owie" with every head bonk.

Lina had a field trip today.  I LOVE this side of field trips.  : )  80 first graders walked to the mail box a few blocks from school and then we walked over to the park and took that over for an hour or so before having lunch and playing for a few more minutes.  Lina has her tongue out concentrating EVEN when opening a mail box.  Love her.


I am happy to report that our little buddy, Abigail, did great yesterday with her heart "shock day" and her heart is beating like it should be.  She still will need to have a heart catherization on 3/11.  Please keep this little sweetie in your prayers....as well as Dianne and Scott. 

Not much on our agenda this weekend.  I am trying to re-paint the girls' bathroom- garden theme- so hopefully I can get in there and paint.  Sunday we will enjoy some first half SuperBowl festivities at a friend's house.

Lila is cracking me up lately with her WEARING OF THE PIG EARS NOW and enjoying them.  Halloween you would have thought we were sticking her with needles.



Lydia inherited Lina's Leapster and after a few frustrating weeks she is really enjoying it.


Lina is now into chapter books.  Her reading teacher is encouraging the kids to try them out.  I am not sold yet that a 1st grader should be reading these even if they can, but we are giving it a try and keep my mouth zipped.  She likes them though.  Just need to slow her down.  I hate to read.  It's awful.  I want to like to read, but nope, I don't.  Here is Lina reading one of Puppy Series books.  We just got a few from the author of Because of Winn Dixie.  I am looking forward to hearing her read these.





No comments: