Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sewing and Cutting

My dear friend, Rennie, came over to help me finish one of my (many) projects I have going on right now....Lina's nightgown.  I have just a few things to do on my own and it is finished.  Only to begin 2 more.  I am getting a little more confident behind the ol' machine.  Not much, but a little : )

I am working on a black and silver tutu for Trinity's auction.  If I sit uninterrupted it takes me an hour to finish one.  My thinking is that maybe someone will bid on it and maybe it brings me some business.  I see these things in the store for $25-$50.  I wouldn't sell them for that, but a few dollars for my time....might be nice.  We'll see.  The auction is the beginning of March.

Rennie left and I started to make a copy of a Brighton bag that I have.  I made a drawstring bag!  I am having a hard time figuring out the string, but it's cute if I do say so myself.  I am going to make another one and the girls can use them to bring their Valentine's to school.

Lydia loves to cut lately.  So I thought I would get her started on her class Valentine's.  She rocked on cutting hearts.  Writing her name....not so much.  : )  She gets stuck on Y so then she gets frustrated.  So she cut and I wrote.



No comments: