Friday, January 29, 2010

Fun Friday!

What a pretttty day!  I picked up Lina early, waited for Bob and Lyd and we were off to Sea World by 12:45.  Before we headed out though I looked through Lina's backpack for the ol' report card.  I LOVE report card time now.  As a teacher- stressed me out to no end.  This part is fun. 

Lina recently began 1 day a week in the Enrichment Program.   She gets to do this for as long as she is a student in Orange County Public Schools.  Lina LOVES it.  LOVES it.  They are working on a research project now.  She has chosen Killer Whales...only because "Madison" chose dolphins first.  I can't imagine the scowl on my girl's face.  : )  But Killer Whales are cool also.  Below are Lina's 2 report cards.  I am so proud of my girl.  She had all Ss on subjects and these comments.


This is from the enrichment teacher and Lina had all Proficient in areas

Yea.  I am pretty sure that after 3rd grade she will be smarter than me.  : )

Once again Sea World was NOT crowded.  So spoiled we are.  Scored with great seats for shows.  First we hit the sea lion show.  That's always fun.   Then we ran over to the dolphin show (MY favorite...and the girls' also).




The Bush family no longer owns Sea World.  There are no more "samples" of the barley and hops.  No more beer school.  But they have a nice restaurant and cold beer on tap.  Bob and I enjoyed  happy hour and the girls enjoyed a Shamu pretzel.  Then we booked it over to the Shamu show.  It was the last show so we got there 30 minutes before to get a good seat.  We did.  Here we are waiting and Lydia saying "Shamu"


This was really cool.  Something fell in the bottom of pool for the Shamu show.  Well one of the whales was fascinated by it and she wouldn't get back in the holding tanks.  It was funny.  It was just like a little kid.  She would swim over to the gate and then swim away.  Then the head trainer guy did a little talk and another trainer came out and did a training session.  She had the whale do some jumps and splashes.  She hugged this giant whale and then just like that the whale obeyed and off she went.  THEN another trainer guy dove to the bottom of pool and got the object.  Did I mention it was 36 feet deep???  Then the show went on.  Always fascinating what the trainers and these whales can do together.  And the TRUST.  Sheesh.



A stop at McDonald's for the girls and a stop at this new BBQ place for Bob and I and we were home by 8:15 and girls asleep by 8:45.  It was a great day!

No comments: