Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We're Down

Well, not all of us.  And it's not THAT awful, but it's been a day.

Lila has been hacking something awful for 2 days.  No fever, clear runny nose, and just not herself.  Called doc this AM and we were able to get an apt 20 minutes from the time I called with our primary ped (12 in the practice!!).  I love our doc. She is great.

Pulling out of the driveway I notice something laying in the driveway.  (Side note: this would be me tearing out of the driveway to get Lina to school in order to drop Lyd off to school because my husband decided that this morning would be a GREAT time to get his blood drawn for a doc apt he has and has known about for weeks....and I hadn't slept great last night.  Perhaps a hint of cranky some may say.)  But I digress....I see my spankin' new wristlet in the driveway....which had my phone in it.  I have dropped that thing so many times, but she keeps on coming back.  Not today.  She is done.  I text and talk on that thing.  A LOT.  We are doing some browsing on what to get.  This might just be my b-day present.   Stay tuned and I will be back hopefully over the weekend.

Get Lila to the doc and she has both ears infected AGAIN (last one in October) and has bronchiolitis, but doc didn't like the sound of wheezing soooooo home with a nebulizer and a drug store of meds for that thing and amoxcicilin.  The mask is bigger than Lila's face (Lila weighs 21.6 lbs!!!  she is on an up curve now on the charts...still < 3% though- peanut).  I had all 3 girls crying this afternoon giving her a treatment..  It was lovely.  We were also on the back porch because it was just such a pretty afternoon.  So I am pretty sure we were dinner conversation for our neighbors.

Now you would think big sisters were concerned about their baby sister crying.  Maybe they were.  Lina stated that we can just do the humidifier because that doesn't bother her so much and it's not that loud.  Lydia stated that we need a new baby because this one is getting sick.  Nice.  Very nice.  Now I don't think she really meant that because when I laid into her about how you love your family in sickness and health...blah blah....she was in tears.  Poor Lila Joy.

Knock on wood she went right down and I am hopeful for the night.

Lina started piano lessons tonight at church.  Mrs. Lisa is teaching her.  We practiced a little tonight.  I have NO CLUE how to read music or such so I am learning also.  I need to get a picture of Lina playing....with her tongue out.  It's hillarious!


No comments: