Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh Happy Day 4 Lydia


Our morning started at 5:30 with Lydia coming into our room with a balloon "that is soooo small and losing all it's breath".  LOL.  She is too much.  Blew up 24 balloons and had them in Lyd's room for a morning surprise.  Then she and I went to her bed and she fell back to sleep around 6:30.....when I had to get up.  Oh that child.

I wanted to make b-day pancakes so showering before all were awake was the time.

We enjoyed pancakes and our new tradition of the Hidden Cupcake.  Although I didn't hide it.  I got this for my b-day and couldn't wait to use it.  http://thehiddencupcake.com/about.html I had a picture of Tink in there and told Lyd she had to wear her Tink costume and we were going to spend the morning doing something fun.

(Off topic) Lila had PT this morning and Bob went.  He told me that the therapist suggested holding off on Lila's orthotics apt next (were going on the 2nd) week and give her another 2- 3 weeks because she is seeing improvement.  Well alright.  Cancelled that apt!

I let Lyd choose a movie to watch in the car- she chose TinkerBell (shocking).  We were off.  She was so excited when she saw the Mouse on the signs, and thrilled to go in the stores.  Then I told her that she was going to Bibbidi.  "Oh.  Ok".  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??  ; )

Lyd was a little overwhelmed in the beginning, but lightened up and enjoyed it.  She loves make up and glitz.  We were next to a sweet 16 girl getting "done up".  It was sweet.  Lydia enjoyed herself, but did NOT like anyone commenting to her how pretty she looked and she didn't want the pink sash on. 



We went to lunch at RainForest Cafe.  Well we sat down and I thought we were having lunch there.  It's loud and Lyd wanted no part of it.  So we walked around Disney Marketplace a bit and shared a chocolate shake for lunch.  Niiiiiice.  Actually it was very nice.  : ) We got CFA drive thru on the way home.  : )

We went and picked up Lina from school and my big girl turned shades of green that I just didn't expect.  First she was mad that we went to Disney without her.  Once I assured her we didn't go to the Park she was fine.  Then we got home and oh. my. word.  U-G-L-Y talking and yelling.  Jealousy raged.  There was extra make up and glitter jewels, but when I asked her to do it she refused.  "I don't like all that fancy".  And she doesn't.  Which is why I totally did expect that.  Lina's b-day is July 1- I asked would you rather have fancy hair or go feed the dolphins?  WITHOUT hesitation- feed dolphins.  Seeeeee?  So an unplanned lesson in jealousy and being happy for those you love when they are happy.

Lina went to go play with Pa for a little bit and came back in a better mood.

Chip for dinner and Jeremiah Ice for a b-day treat.

Lyddie crashed in bed and I just pray she stays for the night.  I am wiped.

It was a fun day.  Happy Birthday my little Stinkerbell.  You push my buttons like no other, but your "I just want to snuggle you" and big brown eyes, hugs, and kisses, and the things you say.....do my heart good.  I love you Lydia Jean!  I am so blessed to be your Momma.




No comments: