Monday, May 31, 2010

Birthday Pedestal and Jealousy

Lydia has had a pretttty great weekend and tomorrow she comes off her pedestal.  We had her family/friends party this afternoon.  I did not plan well and made all kinds of rookie mistakes regarding time.  We asked everyone to come over at 11:30.  I had to call Carmen to rescue us to pick up meat at restaurant- 4Rivers beef brisket and pulled pork.  At 11:30 I was still in my pajams and hadn't made frosting yet for cupcakes!

Thankfully everyone was a little late and I wasn't totally rude still getting ready.  Our spread consisted of: above mentioned meat, pigs in blanket, watermelon, my new yummy grape salad (which is so far from good for you- cream cheese/sour cream, sugar, walnuts, and grapes- YUM), garlic bread, corn pudding, baked beans, olives and pickles, and for dessert vanilla/strawberry cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting and gelatis from Jeremiah Ice.

Lydia got to open more presents and really got a kick out of her Barbie motor bike, new outfit, Tianna towel, Princess and the Frog cook book (from guess who....Carmen- so perfect).  While opening presents big sister was outside pouting, by herself.  Lina could not bring herself to be happy for her sister at all this weekend.  Makes me sad.  I tried- yelling at her : ) - didn't work.  We talked about it- didn't change.  We even prayed about it Friday night and again tonight.  I don't get it.  They can play so nicely together all day, but then to show joy/be happy when someone you love it happy- nope.  This summer I need to work on that little relationship.  That and manners.  My girls' manners have really digressed and there is nothing I can't stand more than a child with poor manners.

Lina has 4 days of school this week and 3 next.  THEN it's summer.  Lydia gets to go to Summer Fun at her school this week from 9-1.  That will be fun for her.

No comments: