Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blood Behaving and PET Scan Report

So.  Those of you who know me well know my love of the dentist.  Wouldn't you know, I cracked a dang molar over the weekend.  Timing.  My dentist and the office are FABULOUS.  I really don't know why I am such a lunatic.  But, alas, I am.  I needed to get a blood check and such before DDS can go poking around.  Now I cannot get any work done because of the blood thinners I am on (and I need to be on them because of this crud in my chest that causes pressure....and blood clots- we are NOT going that route again!).

My blood report came back with all stars.  Feel like a 3rd grader getting a test back.

Then I asked to talk to nurse.  I have an appointment on Friday, but I needed to ask if my PET came back yet.  My oncologist happen to walk by in the hallway.  He passed the door, but we made eye contact.  Not 5 seconds later he came back (still talks waaaay too fast for me) and said, "Jennifer..  How are you?  How are you doing"  Call me impressed.  We talked ever briefly and told him I would see him Friday.

Nurse came back with my report with a smile.  Ahhh, yes.  And then I just cried.

This junk is in no other places- "no activity" other than......the big ol thing in my chest and 2 lymph nodes in my neck- they are tiny and that is what really presented itself a month ago as an enlarged thyroid.  Interesting. 

Today I am happy.  I feel good.  I am thankful for caring doc and nurses.  I am SO thankful for good reports today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those scans...getting a "good" report sure can make your day MUCH better.

Praying for your Friday appt.

PS The "word verification" today is "sista"! LOVE it!