Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Overwhelming Joy!

We had a great weather weekend.  OH.  MY.  WORD.  It was per-fect.  Girls played outside all day and we took a quick trip to the beach on Sunday after church.  It was wonderful.  Lydia HAAATES the beach SO that part of it was a pain, but as a friend reminded me...."it's just a bit of normalcy" and I am trying to embrace normalcy.  At any cost I suppose : )

I wasn't feeling great.  I have sinus crud and generally feeling punky.  SO I basically just rested and drank drank drank water- and not gonna lie I can't wait to drink a frosty mug of beer or a bottle or two of wine when this ALLLL over!!  But for now H2O works.  I felt a little better each day.

Monday I went to a "Look Good Feel Better" class put on by the American Cancer Society .  It was really, well, sweet and lovely....but the crowd was interesting.  A much older crowd and the gal next to me wouldn't SHUUUUT UP.  It was really annoying and both gals leading tried their best to "rein her in" but this ol' Southern Belle.....had an audience and she loved it.  There was a gal my age who just had her first round sitting across from table and we were trying to chat, but this lady was so awful interrupting and then I had to leave early.  Too bad.  The class gave some make up samples and some tips.  I left with too much make up on.  BUT it was nice.   I did cry my eyes out during the into video.  This whole journey....it's so much.  It's so emotional.  I didn't WANT to HAVE to be there. 

Today I had two appointments.  First was with radiation oncologist.  I just really hate this whole "cancer thing" and the whole medical world involved in it.  BUT just like God, HE gives great people that make this "do-able".   Dr. Diamond.  I am all about a doc that "owns" a room when he/she walks in it?  Know what I mean?  Not arrogant just confident and real.  This guy was it.  Some get to know you chit chat...he has  girls and then he and Bob are showing pictures on their phones.  Hillarious.  More talk about ME- it IS about ME...and he shows me statistic nonsense and says that he does not recommend radiation.  Right now.  My lymphoma is atypical- it's location, size, and that it is NO WHERE else- leads to that recommendation.  Chemo should melt this crud away.  He will know more after that repeat PET scan some time in February. And if any it would be a "ball field area"- I thought the doc had used some big medical word so I repeated it and when I repeated it- clicked- just the area of my chest where this stuff lies.  SO.  HUUUUUGE PRAISE on that!  HUGE!  And now praying about that PET!!

Second apt was with a PA at oncologist office to check on port, how are you doing, and blood work.  In walks Dr. Z- my oncologist.  He said his schedule was light today and he wanted to see me.  LOVE that guy.  LOVE LOVE LOVE him!!  He wasn't quite on board with the no radiation, but I told him today I am celebrating that and if the PET scan shows differently than we will re-group. And he agreed with me.  For today.  I can tell he is more on the aggressive side. 

My blood work came back all glowing.

My bone marrow biopsy came back ALLLLL clear!!!

I am high as a kite right now.  We are heading out to Outback for dinner.  I feel like celebrating.

It's so overwhelming.  ALLL of this.  My mom.  My Carmen.  ME.  Are you kidding me???  My mom is rocking along...4 more treatments and then radiation.  Carmen has last round next week and then radiation.  We are getting close to this all being behind us.

Join me in thankfulness of answered prayers....and continued prayers!  HE hears and answers them all and I am convinved that "through His stripes, I am healed"!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doing the PTL happy dance for you. I might have to be careful. My Baptist friends might think I had gone all charismatic on them. HA!

BTW- only SLIGHTLY green with envy over the beautiful weather and beach visiting. This FL girl is missing some sand in her toes right now.