Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Normal Beautiful Day

.....well as normal is it can be as two bald friends with ports in their chest and beating up cancer can be taking a walk around Lake Eola and feeding ducks.  LOL.  Oh seriously, what are the chances?  And my mom beating up breast cancer and the said bald friend's dad beginning to beat up prostate cancer.  TOOOO much.  Needless to say our conversations went back and forth from the upcoming nuptials to our treatment and experiences/emotions......the whole time.  Kinda can't help it.

BUT it was a normal beautiful day.  And seriously you should walk around with the two of us.  People looked, opened doors, smiled....you know they think we met at treatment or something.  Nope.  Friends for 15 years. 

Lila started back at speech and OT 2x a week.  We will do 2 weeks on and take chemo week off.  Therapists were so sweet just waiting for Lila....and me.  Love those ladies.  We haven't been there since the week before Thanksgiving!!  This week was more of eval and see where my little bit is.  There is a b-day around the corner here.  Can't believe that lil peanut will be 4. 

After ST/OT we met up with Carmen to walk around (well not all the way) Lake Eola and feed ducks.  It was such a beautiful day.  In fact this beautiful weather.....I LOVE walking girls to school in the morning and picking up in the afternoon.   Lina has been riding her bike.  Trying to give some "big girl" responsibility and so far we had miscommunicationon Monday, but the rest of the week has been smooth.  Atta Girl, Lin!

I continue to receive hats, beautiful notes, funny notes, music, candy........YOU people are the amazing ones.  Seriously.  I feel very uncomfortable reading or hearing "you are amazing" or "an inspiration".  I guess.  I kinda look at this though and my first thought is, well- I really don't have a choice.  Crawling up in a ball and feeling sorry for myself is NOT an option.  And you know what....other than those first few days of my world being rocked- I have NOT wanted to crawl up in a ball.  It's HIS peace I tell you.  Passes all understanding....I get that now.  Don't get me wrong- this sucks.  It has interrupted my life and I don't feel like ME at the moment, but I AM SO VERY MUCH NOT ALONE in this.  Great family, great friends....and a Father that loves me so stinking much with His healing hand ALLLL over this.

Ready for Friday and the weekend.  Hoping to get to SeaWorld on Saturday.  Planning ahead for next week.  Cannot believe it will be February!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love you! You are amazing even if it's because you have no choice but to be that way!

Jenn said...

I love you, KW! You bless me and well, YOU are amazing.