Saturday, March 13, 2010

What a Week

....and it's not going to get any better for a few months I am afraid.

I went to the dentist this week for x-rays and see what else I have going on other than this blasted implant that I need.  The hygienst was really nice and patient with me.  I did so horribly though.  I had to have gas for X-RAYS.  Ridiculous.  I did leave with a script for valium and an apt for 3/23 to finish exam and cleaning.  The dentist kept saying how lucky I am because my mouth doesn't look bad at all.  A few cavities.  Strong teeth and gums and not a lot of build up.  BELIEVE ME this is something I pray about every single day.  I do take care of my teeth- I just don't go to the dentist.

The next day I went to meet the oral surgeon who is going to start the whole implant process for me.  His name is Matthew H.  He is known as Matt H.  So I am waiting for this doctor to walk in who is probably younger than me.  NOPE.  NOT AT ALL.  This total grandpa came in and was so kind.  He got it right away that I didn't want to see pictures or how the process will go.  I wanted a script and to let him know I want to be completely out of it.  That he got and our first "date" went great!

My mom comes next week.  Normally we play, eat, shop, play, eat and sleep a little.  Well.  I hate to keep asking Carmen to watch the girls....when I have had her over a few times this month already.  She doesn't mind- I just hate to have her drive over here for an hour or two.  PLUS now I will be loopy so I need an extra eye.  So unfortunately I have decided to have my tooth pulled on Thursday at 9:15.  My mom will take charge of girls for morning and I will come home and sleep.  I do expect to be up and ready for SeaWorld on Friday afternoon though.  Nothing a few pills can't help hide.  And really my wisdom teeth were all impacted and had all 4 at once.  This shouldn't be THAT bad, right??  RIGHT???  After this little adventure I don't see him for 4 months.  YESSSS.  In the meantime though I will be visiting the dentist 4 times for fillings.  Although thinking about being knocked out and doing those all at once.  Is that a dumb idea?  I just want it done and then I don't have to ever go back.  KIDDING.  Just KIDDING.  Sorta.  ; )

Lina came home early Thursday and stayed home Friday. Just not feeling well and slept about 14 hours Thursday night.  Her little body just needed a rest I suppose.  I am ok with mental health days.  We did her homework and we did some math and writing.  Homeschool was fun.....for two days.  : )

Lina sang in church Wednesday night.  Ms. H (Lina's teacher) and her boyfriend came!!  Lina was floored.  I thought that was so special.  Ms. H has been such a blessing to us this school year.  I will miss her.  Lina is not usually attached to people.  She is more of an animal girl and just goes with the flow.  I suspect some tears that last day of school.  She really does love Ms. H.

Lydia.  Lyd's been "studying" the farm in class.  They had a farm breakfast on Friday and were told to dress like they lived on a farm.  I had NOTHING to do with this.  This is how Lydia went to school.
From the day I read what was happening in class, Lydia declared she was not wearing farmer clothes because "farmers are boys.  I will be a piggy.  Pigs live on farms".  That they do my Lyddie Lou the Pig.  So it was 11 farmers and a pig.  I hope the teacher took a class picture I can have.  The director of the school (we know her personally) even emailed me how clever that was- yea, clever, but I had nothing to do with it.  That girl has a mind of her own.  Guess it's innocent with farm attire....for now, right??

Far are my days of green beer.  Now we are into Leprechaun traps.  This was Lina's for class.

She would like to make one for home also.  We shall see.  They are having a Leprechaun search in class this week.  Lina's teacher is so fabulous.  I am so sad to see this year quickly coming to an end.  Ok, ok.  There are a little more than 9 weeks, but it's going so fast.

The sun is finally shining after 3 days of allllll day rain and wind.  All is wet, but the windows are open and we'll be hitting the bike trail later.
.

No comments: