Thursday, March 22, 2012

Or How About.....

I had today allll planned out in my mind.  I had the converstaions played out and everything......

OR how about this-

PA walks in to talk to me, "The home stretch, you are in the home stretch now".
"Yes, I am.  Last cycle April 4, 5, and 6" and I jokingly said something about having port removed the week after.  (I KNOW that isn't happening)

"Dr. Z hasn't talked about possibly cycle 7 & 8"??? says the PA.
"No.  No he hasn't.  It started at 4 and went to 6.  But no mention of 7&8".

And the converstation continued like that.  I didn't cry or become upset.  There is also talk of "maintenence therapy for a YEAR" (which could be 1 med 1 day every 4 weeks)

Dr. Z came in and I began questioning him.  He then said we will wait and see what repeat PET scan looks like next month.  Fine.  I asked him about if this is a possibility with "no activity"....a clean PET in February?  He rattled off some statistics and research and mentioned how not having radiation....and blah blah blah blah.  And finally, that nothing would be decided today.  Then he mentioned how healthy I look, what a great color I had on, and I am doing great.  So.  I am taking that last sentence with me for a week of spring break playing.....and then doing some research and what not for myself.

Don't get me wrong- if 8 is what keeps me, oh alive, and not dealing with this crap ever again- I'll do it all tomorrow.  Just was not expecting that today.  At all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoy spring break!