Friday, August 20, 2010

MUST. LEARN. TO. TRUST.

I am knee deep into PTA at BE- and while I enjoy it these past few weeks have been full of planning and DOING. Last night the 6 ladies of the Executive Board (I have signed on for Corresponding Secretary) hosted a social for the faculty and staff. We had over 90 folks come and it was a BLAST!! We presented the folks with new t-shirts and they loved them.



During the event we thought it would be fun to "magnet" the new Principal's truck.  He was a good sport and found it to be in good fun!  He's really a great guy.  I am so excited for the school itself.

At the event the 2nd grade teachers were there.  NONE of them mentioned having Lina.  That surprised me.  I knew Lina wasn't in the class I didn't want her to be in so that was good- but still I was curious.  I wrote a letter requesting two classes in the Spring.  Gave to Him and prayed.  I was doing fine up until last week.  Just so anxious.  I hate the way the school shares the info- putting lists on window as you arrive for Meet the Teacher. 
Last year our prayers were answered by having Ms. H.  Loud and clear AGAIN prayers answered.   Lina is in a 2nd grade class with 2 of the most loving, precious, fun ladies!!  They job share.  One teaches M/T the other Th/F and they alternate W.  They have been doing this for 10 years, a well oiled machine, and apparently everyone loves them.  Mrs. M/M they are referred to as!  Adorable.  Lina was so excited.  And it gets better- there are about 4 of the sweetest girls and friends from last year in this class!!  I have agreed to co-room mom to this class of 15.  It's going to be great.  Aren't they just adorable?

One shot of classroom:

First day of school......Monday.  Baby big girl heading to 2nd grade.  Sigh. 

No comments: