Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hello and He is Risen!

Spring break was a great week and comes to an end tomorrow for Lina.  While I completely enjoyed the "non-schedule", teachable moments....and lounging jammie mornings; I am looking forward to our routine coming back.......for 9  more weeks. 

Let's see.  We went to the beach, had a play date, went shopping, out to lunch, girls had a babysitter play day, and I took Lila to her Early Intervention apt.  Oh, and I went to the dentist (un-medicated) for a quick check on the ol' extraction and all is well.  I don't see the oral surgeon until July now- whooo-hooo!  Whewww.  Good stuff.  All good stuff.

So.  The low down on Lila.  She is little.  Yes, we know that.  Her team at the center was fabulous.  We were there for over 2 hours and Lila was awesome the entire time.  Her disposition is so pleasant.  I hope that stays.  ; )  Lila blew the ladies away with her fine motor, problem solving (come on, she's 2 what kind of problems does she have??  kidding), letter/sound recognition, and hearing test.  The one doctor was concerned with her low muscle tone and how her legs kind of turn in.  SO. Lila will have physical therapy once a week for at least 6 months, needs to get fitted for a shoe insert, and have some blood work done to check for some muscle enzyme to make sure we are not missing anything in the muscle growth/development.  It's funny.  We made this apt AGAIN because Lila wasn't talking or real physically active.  Well in 2 weeks her language has exploded and I kid you not in the last 2 days she climbs.  EVERYTHING.  The head doctor joked that I should just schedule apts because clearly that is all she needs is scheduling.  : )

He is risen!
I love Easter.  I kind of like Easter a little more than Christmas.  WHA? Don't get me wrong, Christmas is amazing and a miracle and you couldn't have Easter without Christmas, but the story of Easter is what is all about.  Although it completely irritates Lydia that we can't have "the real Jesus that we can see and touch" because she does not buy that Jesus is in our hearts.

Lina and I went to church on Good Friday.  Trinity does a real deep service including you nailing a nail to a cross.  Can't bring myself to do that.  I don't know why.  It's weird.  We looked up the verses as they were being read and Lina was fascinated with how dark it was getting.  She went and nailed her nail.  I was going to just cut out.  Nope.  Lina wanted to go.  She went with Carmen and was very concerned that my sins were not forgiven because I did not nail them to the cross.  : )  So we talk about that for a long time that night....assuring that all our sins are forgiven.

We went to sunrise service this morning.  Lina's choir was singing and she was playing the xylophone.  We had to be there at 6:15.  We live about 20-25 minutes from church depending on the day and time of day.  Bob LEFT for church at 5:00AM since he is the sound geek/tech.  Why, yes, I did get myself and 3 girls out the door by 6:10 AM and Lina was getting robed at 6:23.  I'll let you do the math and the speed.  Lydia was madder than all get out that we "were going to church in the dark and outside".  Add in there the grass was wet and there is nothing like an irritated Lydia.  ; )  The kids did a great job.  We enjoyed a pancake breakfast at church and then headed home.  Lila fell asleep on the way home, jammied Lyd up and snuggled her, and we slept for an hour before Bob and Lina came home.  Jammied Lina up and and snuggled her and we woke up an hour after that.  A nice little nap.  Or two.

We enjoyed an egg hunt, dinner, and playing with cousins and grandparents tonight.  It was a beautiful day outside!

No comments: