Monday, April 30, 2012

Done. Now Beginning.

What a week! What. A. Week. Last Monday I had a port study done. Dumb thing hasn't cooperated at all. So I do this study. Radiologist tells me that it shouldn't be used. Oh. Great. I was to have chemo #7 on Wednesday. Wednesday came. I showed up for Rituxin meds. I was able to get that med because it's not a chemo med. Had a consult with Dr. Z and he agreed not good to use port- there is a clot at tip which acts like a dam when nurse tried to draw blood and my obnoxious veins. He also told me I would get a PICC line done on Thursday. Again. Oh. Good. Thursday. We went to FL Hospital and met two ladies who do nothing but PICC lines all day. Weird. I didn't care for the procedure. At all. It didn't hurt but I was fully aware and didn't love the pressure on my arm or the trouble the tech was having getting this thing in. After about :30 it was decided again that my veins are uncooperative all over my body. I had the best cry in the hallway. Full blown sob. While walking over to clinic I just kept talking...praying. Then I was told no chemo for today. Thursday night was awful. I was scared. I was confused. I was completely unsettled. Friday. I had a consult with oncologist to figure out what in the world we do now. Dr Z came in and told me my PET scan was clear again. That was great news. Dr Z then said "that's it- you're done with treatment". What? That was not the conversation I had played out in my mind. Dr went on to talk statistics with me. I have the best lymphoma to have. What. Ever. I responded textbook like and this crud is gone. Praise God. I can't "go there" emotionally yet. I will. One day at a time....

1 comment:

mommy of 2 said...

aaaaahhhhhhhmazing!!!!
Happy dance time :)
Kerri